Sunday, June 25, 2006
I remember my mom always telling me when I was younger how much of a daddy's girl i was. She never said it in a mean way but almost with a hint of jealousy in her voice because as a little girl there was always this longing for me to be close to him. As I grew up I finally got that wish. It took years to find the balance between being a daughter and respecting him as a father , and then being myself and appreciating him as my friend.

When I got the opportunity to build the bridges that have held me from him, it was freeing and liberating because I got the father I always wanted.

I got to spend the day today with a man that I respect but am terrified to lose again. I was finally able to be honest with myself as I drove away from him today and admit that I terrified to lose him again after I found him. I know that he will never truely leave me and that he never did but I find myself wishing that I could change things again and rewind time so I could spend just a little more with him before he goes so far away.

I am happy for him because I know he is happy, I guess I am just not ready to let go of being his little girl just yet. I am sorry that i couldn't tell you the goodbye that you truely deserved today, I just wasn't ready.

Have fun out there dad!! I am looking forward to seeing you next time, already.

0 comments:






Hubbie and I

Hubbie and I