Monday, November 27, 2006
The big feasting holiday has past and it makes it all that much more real that Yule and the Winter holiday is that much closer. I hate how the Season has become more and more commercialized thru the years. It takes away all the specialness of the season and instead makes it more about money and shopping.

Thanksgiving was great as usual. Jon's family came over and Jody came over. We ate lots of food and wow the greens, mac and cheese and ham were so darned good. We just all sat around and talked the whole night. Banana pudding, pecan pie and my famous pumkin pie were deserts for the evening.

I spent the rest of the weekend reading for my degree studies, shopping and cleaning. I got word back from my second degree mentor from witchschool to tell me that i passed the 2nd degree final with a 97%!!! So I am finished with my degree studies with them and working on my third degree with FWTI.

I have been missing Marian and my dad lately. Two people I care a lot about and am not able to be with for one reason or another. I had plans on seeing Marian this weekend but Joey is sick and I wasn't able to come over. So I will shoot for next weekend.

Anyhow, that is a quick update on things, holidays and life. And the holiday crap has just begun!

Blessed Be

1 comments:

Diane Yoder said...

Hi Crystal,

I really liked your article on Witchvox. I recently had a run-in with some Pagans because they recommended to someone that they should kill a bird for a spell. When I posted that I did not agree with killing any living thing for a spell, they rounded on me, attacked me for my belief (which I was not pushing on anyone else), actually ACCUSED me of being Wiccan (I laughed at that), derided the Rede where it says "Harm ye none" as "hooey" and complained that I seemed to assume they were a Wiccan site, when I had done nothing of the sort. I promptly de-subscribed from that "Pagan/Wiccan" site. I wish they would take off their pentacle. Good writing, and I felt much better having defended myself. I cannot apologise for being Wiccan, not even to other "pagans" or so-called "Wiccans."






Hubbie and I

Hubbie and I