Monday, August 24, 2009
It is interesting how we all naturally question what is happening in our lives, especially when something comes up that we don't want to do.  A recent work retreat has been such a hard event for me to come to terms with for various reasons and because of this, it felt like I was being forced to do something I couldn't do.  After releasing that feeling and surrendering to the fact that I was going on this trip, I went and am glad i did.

This trip turned out to be in the belly of Yemaya, right on the beach with visions of the beach everywhere.  after fearing having to share a room with people I didn't know, I ended up with my own room full of peace and inner reflection.  What I realized once I was here was that I needed this.  I needed to get away from the chaos and allow myself to just spend time with me.  In the process, I am connecting to the Yemaya within and out in the oceans.  I have missed her constant influence in my life since I have allowed my stress to block a lot of the messages she normally sends.

I went to the store and bought a spirit candle since I left mine at home.  I am now sitting with the ocean at my back and peace in my mind.  How exciting it is to have enjoyed and experienced this.  I truely need it and will try to remember not to doubt my blessings in the future.



--
"When you become aware of silence, immediately there is a state of inner still alertness.  You are present.  You have stepped out of thousands of years of collective conditioning" - Eckhart Tolle.   "Blessed Be oh Yemaya!! Yey Omo Eja" - "Mother Whose Children are the Fish"


0 comments:






Hubbie and I

Hubbie and I