Tuesday, September 22, 2009
One of two times a year when the alignment of the world is in line with the things I am aspiring for in my own life.  Everyday that passes is another chance to achieve the goals set before me and each day I continue to strive for just that.  Finding the internal balance between what I expect of myself and what the world expects of me has been key in navigating what I need to do for my family and for those who depend on my sanity.  (those poor souls)

In reality I think 2009 has shown me that balance is not something you achieve and then you are set.  Balance is something that requires constant work and, like with a see-saw, it is a fragile act of give and take.  Without the flexibility of empathy, understanding, forgiveness, acceptance and accountability, the tipping of the scale to either side could be a permanent shift that doesn't recover.  the real art to balance is knowing that there is no such real thing.  Balance is what we create, it is not a set pattern that exists the same for everyone.

My scale has been altered this year because of unforeseen circumstances and now the skill of redefining "balance" is what I am working towards.  Each day I am closer, each day it makes more sense why I am in this battle to begin with. 



--
"When you become aware of silence, immediately there is a state of inner still alertness.  You are present.  You have stepped out of thousands of years of collective conditioning" - Eckhart Tolle.   "Blessed Be oh Yemaya!! Yey Omo Eja" - "Mother Whose Children are the Fish"


0 comments:






Hubbie and I

Hubbie and I