Sunday, January 30, 2011
This weekend marked the one year anniversary of my mother's tragic death and it was a relatively good weekend.  I did not think it would be but I am coming to remember some of the deeply spiritual things that I use to love about this time of year and I am trying to infuse them together with the memories of what I have lost.  I have been working a lot with the hypnotherapist around removing blockages and not allowing those old memories to taint the hope that I once carried so firmly.  It is working and little by little I am feeling more myself and more able to belief in the power of my own manifestation again.

So this weekend I celebrated the turning wheel of Imbolc by going to the gym and being present in the needs of my body.  Three days in a row at the gym was very uplifting and I feel great!  I have stopped smoking and tomorrow will make one week.  Thanks to Jenny (the hypnotherapist) planting the seed in my head that it would be a great present to my mother on her death anniversary.... it stuck and took hold.  I feel good about it and it is one more thing I am letting go of that is a result of her accident.  I started smoking again when she was in the hospital.  It was one of the only vices I had to take care of myself while dealing with the horrific situation.

I spent some time with a witchy friend and reconnected with her over coffee.  It was wonderful.  I have spent some time taking care of business at home and preparing for Pantheacon.  All things I needed to do for one reason or another.

So, with this turn of the wheel and the creeping energy of the sun peeking through, I chose to enjoy my weekend the best I could and honor the Gods for giving me another year to remember my mother with.  I know that if I continue to honor her in her life with me then she will truly live forever; as do the Gods and the ancestors.

May your Imbolc be blessed and filled with the knowledge that the dark half is ending and the light will once again return.

0 comments:






Hubbie and I

Hubbie and I