Sunday, January 02, 2011
This has been an overall good weekend.  I was able to spend some time at the movies with the hubbie on Friday and going out to lunch since we had daycare.  It was nice to get out and be just adults.  Friday night (new Years eve) we stayed at home and drank sparkling cider with the kids and my two nephews.  Jon, Robbie and I did our little new year prayer for peace and happiness in the new year and then we lit candles.  

Saturday morning I got up and went to my second hypnotherapy/NLP session with Jenny Knowles to work on releasing, opening up to new information and finding balance.  It was a good session.  We did a technique that I have never done before (although I have heard of it) called Emotional Freedom Technique or "tapping".  I liked this although it was uncomfortable at times and hard to deal with because part of this was getting into the emotional state that I struggle with and then use this technique to support breaking of patterns.  Wow, that was powerful and emotional.  A lot of work was done around feeling the helplessness from what has happened in the last year.  

Amazingly I was able to support my son with using the tapping techniques later that night when he got pretty emotional thinking about my mother.  It seemed to help both of us.

The end of New Years day ended with tarot readings and laughs with my friends in the Berkano Babes group.  We ate chinese food, home made cupcakes and did tarot readings for hours.

Interestingly I got a very clear message in both of the events throughout the day (hypnotherapy/NLP and tarot) was that I need to allow myself to be in the moment and not worry about fixing things in the future.  Using resources that I have right now is important and more productive than the pressure of finding solutions to all that is happening.  So I am taking this into the new year and working on being in today.

I am entering the new year with some hope and openness of what is to come.  

P.S.  I would like to give an honest referral to those who might be looking for a way to change old patterns, support new and positive thoughts and open the way to manifestation and goals.  Jenny Knowles is the hypnotherapist that I have been seeing and she is very good.  I recommend her with high enthusiasum.  She is honest, open, empathetic and has a great gift for supporting the discovery of what the client wants and needs instead of inserting what her goals might be.  Her website is http://effectivehealinghypnosis.com/.  

Happy New year everyone.
Blessed Be



0 comments:






Hubbie and I

Hubbie and I