Monday, December 27, 2010
I went today to get my first session of hypnosis and NLP (neuro linguistic programming) after much consideration and thought.  I have looked into hypnotherapy a couple of times, starting about two years ago.  What better time to do it than when things are at the most overwhelming and I have had so many things that I am working to overcome within the last year of chaos and upset.  

I didn't know what to expect and was a little skeptical but I have trust with the person that I was going to and know that she also knows my situation.  I have a level of trust with her that she would not use me to do something that was not effective, just to make some money.  She wouldn't use me that way.

So I went to her office, went through the motions of idenitfying some of the things I am dealing with and talking about some of the dreams that I have feel have been stifled by the current chain of events that have been 2010.  I sat in her special chair, allowed her to take me into trance and work some magic.  Magic is what it truly is and I had several experiences that I still cannot describe or wrap my head around yet.  I know that I had several interesting experiences, one of which connected me to my mother and felt very rewarding.  One of the many times she "dunked" me under, I went to my place of healing and it is this very comfortable place where I was sitting on a white bench on green grass with flowers all around.  There were no buildings or additional distractions, just greenery, flowers and lots of open blue sky.  I went to this place in one of my times of going under but it was the next time that was really significant.

When I went under the next time and she took me to this place, she asked me to describe my healing place and I did.  She asked me if there were any animals and of course there was not.  She then asked me if there were any trees and I remember telling her "there were not until you asked me that".  When she asked me, a tall and beautiful redwood tree sprang up by my bench and brought me to tears while under hypnosis.  For those who do not know, my mother loved redwood trees.  The first time we went to the redwoods together at Muir Woods, she feel in love with the beauty and serenity of the redwood forests.  It was something we shared together.

We went together again and she bought things to remind her of the trees including incense, oils and even bookmarks.  The redwoods represent her to me so when the tree came up, there was no doubt to me that it was her in my healing place.  On the next time under hypnosis, she was there again and when it was time for me to listen for her messages, a thick fog came over me and I was not able to see the healing place clearly.  The fog would come and go, giving me small glimpses of my special place, and giving me a clear message that I have been living in a fog that has blocked me from seeing what I need to see.  The hypnotherapist told me afterwards that most people don't know they are walking in a fog, so this was progress for me to see exactly what is happening in my life and bringing it to my conscious mind.

I walked out of this session feeling strangely lighter and clearer than I have in a long while.  Although I don't know all the ways that this will begin to effect my life, I know that it was one of the best things I could have done to give me a chance to clear the path for growth, clear the fog I have been living in, bring me closer to healing and to my mother and start again with manifesting my desires.  

I am very excited to go to the next session and continue on this new found path.  I don't know all the places that it will lead but I know it is going to help bring me back to me and to who I want to be.  Thank you to my new hypnotherapist for knowing that I had secrets to unlock that will lead me back to success and for making it possible in many ways.  

I will keep everyone posted on these developments as they unfold and as I grow closer to beauty.
Blessed Be

0 comments:






Hubbie and I

Hubbie and I