Tuesday, October 12, 2004
Well, I got to meet the wonderful and beautiful Laurell K. Hamilton yesterday at the Barnes and Nobles in Jack London Square. It is amazing the level of excitement I had. It was like those fans that finally get to meet Michael Jackson and then they faint. I was close! LOL

My hubby went with me and we sat in line for 2 1/2 hours. My awesome friends Linda and Christine met me there around 6:30. It was more than I could have hoped for. I was very close in to the front of the line and got great seats up front in the second row. She did a Questions and Answers session and it was awesome to see her speak. I have heard this woman in my head for more than 17 books of reading pleasure but never got to hear her voice until then.

She was witty and eloquent on stage. I saw so much of Anita Blake in her personality. Her husband was awesome as well.

Somehow the tour shirts were forgotten and they were unable to give them away or show them to the audience. They asked if anyone had one on and I was the only person in the audience with a tour shirt on. So.............I was invited to stand next to Laurell so they could show the audience the shirt. I made a joke out of it and everyone laughed. She gave me a great hug and I sat back down.

She personalized all my items and took pictures with me again. It was awesome!!!!! Afterwards my friends, jon and I went out to dinner.

As soon as I develop the pictures I will post some!

Blessings times three.
Crystal

P.S. I had the wierdest experience at the book store. Jon was talking to someone who had a pentacle on and figured out that she had read my article on witchvox. She came over to me and was very nice and said how much she enjoyed my article.

I got another email from someone who read the article and made reference to not feeling scared anymore and being empowered. RIGHT ON!!!

0 comments:






Hubbie and I

Hubbie and I