Wednesday, November 09, 2005
For all the parents out there, I am sure this is a topic that hits home for all of us. It is an interesting thing to find spirituality and enlightenment and want to share it with those you love. But there is such a fine line between trying to raise your family with faith and enlightenment versus forcing beliefs on your family.

I know that I want my kids to feel the magic of life and know that there is something out there. I want to raise them in traditions that will pass onto thier families as they grow up. I want to give them the opportunity to find peace with the harsh lessons of life.

I find myself thinking about how to raise and run my family with tradition and spirit without forcing a path. I don't care what path they chose, just learning to do the footwork to find thier own spirituality.

So where do I start? I have been really thinking about what options I can chose to get them involved in activites that get them engaged in nature and spirituality. Hiking, picnics, cooking special meals, etc. Hmmmm............so much to think on.

I know that mainstream religious parents may not have the same trials that we do because thier holidays are open and recognized. It feels harder for me because I do not celebrate what the calender states.

The job of a parent never stops.
Crystal

0 comments:






Hubbie and I

Hubbie and I