Monday, August 13, 2007
And the Saga continues onto day two. We are up at 8am (6am California time and I am exhausted) and we are showered and out of the hotel to get to a café with free wifi. We are sipping our morning coffee drinks while Jody is making phone calls from the list and searching the internet. To make a long story short we did the following things within a very short period of time:

Walked and boarded Karma at the local vet
Café, phone calls and internet search
Set appt with real-estate agent
Searched and canvassed the neighborhood of this new apartment
Went into the apartment (door open) and looked around
Met with agent
Signed lease and got keys to the new place
Drove into downtown and ate lunch (Mother’s po boy sandwich)

All before 3:00!!!! Who said witches can’t make things happen…………

Being on the natural high of accomplishment, we did some shopping, more planning, eating (some of the best friend chicken and baked mac and cheese) and even went to see Jamil play some jazz at a local bar.

Saturday we kicked butt, woke up early and had beignets and frozen café ole’s. We managed to get shopping at Walmart, buy a new bed, eat a soul food lunch, get the bed delivered, more shopping and a dinner at the Gumbo shop. Things seemed to be calming down and although they were busy, things were ok.

Sunday we wake up early again, go to breakfast at Brennen’s and I had the best banana’s foster ever!! We decided to walk and get the car to park it closer to the hotel to load and while we were walking Jody told me about her dream that the car was towed.

Yup!!! You guessed it. We walked for about 15 minutes or so just to turn the corner and see an empty space where we left the car!!! The freakin car was towed.

We got back to the hotel, got a ride to the “pound” where they kept the car. About an hour later and 120.00 spent on fees, we were back at the hotel and loading up our luggage. From there the rush was on to complete everything and get the car returned and me back to the airport on time.

We made it. And I must say, this weekend was insane and stressful but nothing compared to saying goodbye to my sister. That was one of the hardest things I think I have had to do. I turned my face as I walked past the lady who checked my ID to attempt to hide my face for fear of making Jody more upset. (I don’t know if that worked)

I got thru the security and waved another hand at my friend that I love so much. Happy, sad, excited to go home and heartbroken all at the same time, I walked until I couldn’t see her anymore. I called Jon, did a little more shopping and boarded the plane for a safe flight home.

0 comments:






Hubbie and I

Hubbie and I

Blog Archive