Wednesday, August 08, 2007
So many things have happened since I last blogged. I have been feeling a little unmotivated to blog or even update the podcast. As things are slowing down some I am working hard to get back on track with those things.

It has been a year of trials, rewards, surprises and grief. This week marks a very important end to a phase of my life. Jody and I fly out to New Orleans tomorrow and on Sunday I will leave her there and fly home alone. It has been a long countdown and one full of conflicting feelings and anxiety. I am excited to go with her, anxious to leave without her. But I am confident that the universe is working in our lives and we have to keep walking despite the confusion at times.

Several special things have happened in my life as well. Robert joined Spiral Scouts and we are having a good time being involved in meeting new Pagan families and giving him a forum to learn. That was something I have thought of off and on for the past several years and was excited that a local chapter opened.

Also, July 14th I recieved my green cord from the DSM tradition and was initiated to 3rd degree. I haven't really shared that with anyone since it happened for various reasons but feel like it is important to be able to share. I have not officially gotten my 3rd degree from FWTI yet and awaiting the opportunity to figure out the travel plans that will allow the official ceremony. I am hoping to do that this year sometime, if finances permit.

I also was blessed to be a part of watching three people attain thier 2nd degree initiations. That was such a rewarding and humbling experience. I guess it was interesting to watch others walk that journey with me to attaining degrees and feeling so happy and excited for thier accomplishments. And then I thought, how come I can't be happy and excited for mine? Hmmm, I am still pondering that thought.

Working towards my goals have always been so bitter sweet. I have experienced a lot of things in the almost 5 years of studying for my 3rd degree from others that I didn't expect and in turn got hurt or saddened by. The whole "crabs in a barrel, pulling eachother down" applies so much in this path.

I love being able to see others work hard and accomplish thier goals because it helps me remember what I am doing and why. And that is such a spiritual experience and a lesson to not allow others insecurities to make me question my own excitement.

So today I am living in the present and riding the surf board in the ocean of change. The waters are a little rough right now but every wave that I ride gives me a sense of completion and hope.

Until next time, "Hang loose dude". Or better yet, Blessed Be.

0 comments:






Hubbie and I

Hubbie and I

Blog Archive