Saturday, October 13, 2007
I wanted to share this journal entry from my camping trip to the redwoods.

10/6/07

I woke this morning from a long night in the cold, tired yet refreshed, home sick yet not ready to leave.

After several times of waking and falling back to sleep, I finally rose to the challenge of another day in the wilderness of the redwoods.

Sounds of laughter and community met my ears that promised love outside of my tent. I opened myself to the energy of the promise and found that piece of myself that commanded me to rise.

The moment of the coldness in the breath of the Goddess hit me like a hard reminder of my journey and the sleeping bag beckoned me to come back to safety where I can hide within myself. A thought passed that questioned whether I should stay here until tomorrow but I knew that my energy was moving outside of that tent, connecting to the wild pulse of the trees and this tent was too small to contain it.

With one foot in front of another I walk towards the embrace of the community waiting for me, and with silent kisses and energetic hugs they greet me by the fire.

With coffee in hand I sit inside the circle and greet the fire from the pit. "Oh great fire of the south, I am greeted by your warmth and embraced with your love. Oh great water of the west, I sip the warth of your liquid love and it runs thru me and reaches my core. Oh great earth of the north who greets me in her home among her redwoods and her children. Oh great air of the east, forever granting me with clarity and knowledge. You have not forsaken me and have come to open my mind."

Sitting here among the voices of my pagan brothers and sisters who are raising voices to the universe in all it's glory...I know I am alive. I am breathing and I can feel my soul. I can see the blessing in front of me and I can taste my future.

I hear you aging mother of the harvest. I hear you dying father of the coming winter. I hear you.

0 comments:






Hubbie and I

Hubbie and I