Monday, March 29, 2010
I am reading a book right now called Pop Culture Magick by Taylor Ellwood and there have been some interesting thoughts that I have had in this journey.  For those who do not know, my mom and I watched all the seasons of Buffy together in a short period of time.  I had always avoided watching Buffy because it seemed cheesy but one day I thought...... I wanna see.

So my mom and I got the episodes from Netflix last year and watched them back to back, becoming hooked.  We laughed at the silliness and enjoyed the stories.  Most of all we enjoyed this together and it was something that the two of use shared.... it was our inside joke of sorts.

When my mom got hurt, I took season 1 to the hospital and played it in the room for her.  After reading this book, I am wondering about using those connections to design a ritual of sorts to help support my healing.  It is a fun thought and I think I will consider playing with it.




0 comments:






Hubbie and I

Hubbie and I

Blog Archive