Monday, October 23, 2006
So we stayed in the Historic Hawthorne hotel. Prior to going to Salem, I had no idea about the history of the Hawthorne or any type of paranormal activity.

We checked in the first night to this beautiful place with loads of charm and uniqueness. I love it!! The lobby was decked out and classy looking, there was a altar with tons of pumpkins on it. And several f the pumpkins were huge!!

Our room was unique looking as well. It had two beds, a nice little desk, a TV, bathroom that consisted of a toilet and sink, a shower room that had only a shower in it and a closet.

That night we all went out to dinner at “the olde spot” formally McSwiggins. We got pumpkin icecream and went back to the hotel. Everyone went to bed around 10:00 and I was the last one down.

I turned off the lights after reading for a while and laid down. After a couple of minutes of laying down, I noticed two read dots on the ceiling. (almost like eyes, as crazy as that sounds). I tried to figure out the source of the lights but there was nothing. The room was pitch black.

From about 10pm to 4am I heard a series of running water/flushing sounds (which I assumed were the rooms above and on the side of us), had nightmares about a little kid (I think it was a boy) and a man (probably the father but not sure). I would dream, wake up, settle down and then start the dream all again. I was sitting there uncomfortable at the feeling of something pressing down on my chest.

At about 4am, Ariana got up to use the restroom and I asked her if she was able to sleep. She told me no and she was having bad dreams. When I asked her about what, she said a little kid. I am sure I don’t have to say how scared that made me.

When we woke up in the morning, the shower room door and the closet doors were both open and we are sure they were closed when we went to bed. We all talked about the experiences a little bit and then went on about the day.

The next night I took my candle and did a little blessing in all corners of the room. With a combination of the blessing, exhaustion and anxiety medicine, I slept thru the night.

On Thursday night we went on the haunted tour the guide asked if anyone was staying in the Hawthorne Hotel. She then proceeded to tell us that the hotel was haunted with a kid and a man. That the third floor was known to be haunted and there are reports of doors opening and closing on their own, things moving around the room and flushing toilets.

Should I know say that we were in room 309?

So after the tour I went to the hotel lady and asked. She said yes, it is all true. Scifi Channels, Ghost hunters were there 4 weeks ago and stayed for 2 weeks. It should air in January. She told us a lot of information about the hotel and past complaints and issues. In addition to telling us that the 3rd and 6th floors have the most complaints, including room 309, 321 and 324 or 325.

So, we will all make sure to watch the show in January!!

0 comments:






Hubbie and I

Hubbie and I

Blog Archive